After a four day rain delay we got back up and running again at the end of last week. We ended up with 24-30mm of rain across the farm. Over the weekend we passed the halfway point
When we started back up we went straight into canola – with it all still standing it actually dried fairly quick. The first day it was tough and had to be hauled back to the yard and put in hopper bins. The next day it started to get dry so we were able to haul straight to the grain terminal. By the end of the weekend the canola was already testing 7% – and we blended the tougher canola which was testing 11-11.7% off and was able send it all in as dry.
We finished all our canola in the south – yields were surprising on a few fields, which was nice to see.
Today we moved back up north and will try to finish the 700 acres of oats we have left, and then it’s all canola.
Field work is also getting done – heavy harrowing on all our fields and the salford on our cereals.